Modified Bitumen Roof Repair, Install & Replacement - Residential & Commercial
Residential & Commercial Modified Bitumen Roofing Installation Services. Durable & Impact Resistant.
GET A FREE QUOTE
What Is Modified Bitumen Roofing?
Modified bitumen is a layered roofing system that has been around for decades now. It was first developed in Europe in the mid-1960s and became commonplace in the United States in the 1970s. Modified Bitumen is ideal for low slope or flat roofs which is a popular style for commercial buildings in Colorado.
Modified Bitumen can withstand exposure to harsh environmental conditions, including extreme cold and wind. It also has exceptional wind uplift resistance when installed and sealed properly. Our experts crews make sure every single seam is perfectly adhered giving you a solid roofing system that will last for many years.
If you aren’t sure if Modified Bitumen is the right choice for your roof, feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to walk you through your options to find the perfect material for your roof.
How Is Modified Bitumen Roofing Installed?
Modified bitumen roofing can be installed in various ways. It can be applied with a cold adhesive, hot mopped adhesives or the more common method would be torch down where it is heated with a torch and rolled onto the roof. The precise method depends on personal preference as well as the type of modified bitumen used. For styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS) roofing, for example, the material is applied in rolls, with each roll’s edges overlapping those of the next roll.
The most modern modified bitumen roofs consist of self-adhering sheets. The rolls of roofing material are manufactured with a release paper. This method allows for a safer application process free of volatile organic chemicals fumes (a risk linked to application with torches and hot asphalt).
What Are The Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing?
Modified bitumen roofs have many advantages that make it particularly desirable in harsh climates like Colorado such as:
- Strong: Modified bitumen has a high tensile strength, which refers to the maximum load a material can support without cracking. It’s thus perfect for flat and low slope roof commercial buildings, which may need to support heavy industrial HVAC systems on the roof (as well as workmen to service these systems).
- Versatile: With a modified bitumen roof, you can select from a variety of top-surfacing options. You might opt for a “cool roof,” for example, which is designed to reflect sunlight and reduce heat transfer, enhancing energy efficiency. You can also choose from diverse application methods, as described above.
- Durable: Modified bitumen’s natural strength makes it durable and capable of withstanding harsh elements like snow, ice, wind, hail and rain. It can also be adapted to meet high safety standards, and may be incorporated into fire, wind, and/or hail-rated roofing. Durability also means less maintenance over time.
- Waterproof: Modified bitumen is highly water-resistant, thanks to the incorporation of a waterproof adhesive. It’s ideal for flat and low sloped roofs that aren’t able to let water flow off as easily as steeply pitched roofs.
What Is The Typical Lifespan of Modified Bitumen?
With its strength and durability, a modified bitumen roof can last 15 years or more, even in difficult climates. Proper installation and regular flat roof maintenance will extend the lifespan of the roof. For example, it’s important to check annually for curling edges in the case of a self-adhesive membrane. This kind of problem is usually an indicator of bad installation, however. Let us install your modified bitumen roof to ensure you get the quality you deserve and avoid problems like these.
How Much Does Modified Bitumen Cost To Install?
There are many factors that go into the overall cost of having a new Modified Bitumen roofing system installed, but it can be broken down pretty easily. Below are some of the factors to consider when figuring out pricing of your roof system.
- What condition is your roof in? Will it need restoration?
- What is the overall size of your roof?
- How easy will it be for roofing crews to access your rooftop?
- What type of insulation do you need?
- What type and thickness of Modified Bitumen do you need?
- Do you prefer a certain way of installation over another?
- How many and how difficult are the protrusions on your roof(ac units, electrical, vents, etc)
- What type of warranty are you looking for?
Mod Bit Manufacturers
Picking the best manufacturer of your modified bitumen is almost as important as having an experienced professional install it. If you have poor materials, it just won’t last and that’s not what we want for our clients so we compiled a list of the popular manufacturers with outstanding reputations so you can be sure your material is of the highest quality.
Professional Modified Bitumen Roofing Services
We specialize in commercial roofing applications and some of our favorite roofing systems to work with is modified bitumen. We provide expert roofing installation, replacement, and repairs. We’re so confident in the quality of our work that we offer labor and material warranties on every roof we replace, including all types of Modified Bitumen roofing systems.
Our friendly and skilled team will advise you on the best modified bitumen roofing installation procedure to suit your specifications so you get the exact roof that your building needs. Give us a call to get your free quote.
Serving Denver, Colorado Springs And Pueblo
We provide exceptional Modified Bitumen roofing services all over Colorado, including but not limited to Denver, Colorado Springs, Pueblo and nearby areas.